I love how these attractive little pink peppercorns give the ‘brownie’ a mature interesting savoury element, that kinda sings laaaaaaa when united with the dark chocolate and hazelnuts.
If at all possible, please source your eggs from a small independent seller, who clearly cares and looks after their hens.
- 170g Dark chocolate (I used Lindt 90%)
- 120g Vegan Butter
- 3 Eggs (from happy chicks!)
- 3 tsp of pink peppercorns crushed
- 100g toasted hazelnuts, chopped (skins removed)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a baking tin (8×8 inch is what I used) with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler and stir until smooth and glossy
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and salt (preferably with an electric whisk) until light, fluffy and doubled in volume.
- Carefully stir the chocolate mix into the eggs and once combined gently fold in the hazelnuts. Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the pink peppercorns.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 mins. Leave to cool in the tin before serving.
– Enjoy –